• Promoting a safer environment and culture
• Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults
• Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
• Caring for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
• Caring for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons
• Responding to those that may pose a present risk.
For more information visit the Carlisle Diocese Safeguarding Policy.
What should you do
If you are concerned that someone you know is at risk of, or is being abused, or presents a risk to others, please seek advice from a Safeguarding adviser, alternatively report the matter to the Local Authority Social Care Services or the Police without delay.
Urgent concerns about vulnerable adults should be referred to your local District Adult Social Care office (details available on the Cumbria County Council website) or the Emergency Duty Team: 01228 526690 out of normal office hours.
Church of England Contacts
Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser is Mr Charles Proctor - 07458 016884 firstname.lastname@example.org
Cumbria County Council
The multi-agency safeguarding hub or an out of hours social worker can be contacted on: 0333 240 1727
The welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults is an absolute priority for us. Safeguarding shows God's love in action and in churches demonstrates safety and security, where abuse and mistreatment of others is not tolerated.
For more information and who to contact if you are concerned that someone you know about may be suffering harm please visit our Safeguarding page.